Effective IT support for small and midsize businesses.
Eliminate your IT worries with Stratus.
What is Stratus?
It is our unique, end-to-end, cloud-based approach for managing your IT environment. In fact, our cloud-based approach allows our customers to completely Eliminate IT – their servers, their on-premise backups, the often-expensive hardware used for workstations … everything. Because of recent advances in cloud technologies and our expertise with these, we can bring your IT environment to a modern state; provide a better user experience for your people; facilitate remote access to your systems and applications; and save you money while doing it. Stratus means you can completely eliminate IT as a concern and focus on what matters – your business!
Is it for you?
Stratus is especially tailored to the needs of small businesses – those as small as two or three people and as large as a couple hundred. We are a perfect fit for any company that wants to (1) lower their IT costs, (2) begin to move to the cloud, (3) ensure their data and applications are remotely accessible to their employees but still secure or (4) make their business more efficient and their employees more effective. Below are a few questions that can help you to determine if we can help you:
- Do you suspect that you are paying too much for IT?
- Is your organization comprised of fewer than 200 people?
- Is your primary office in western Canada?
- Do you rely on on-staff IT person to care for things but are not confident that they understand how to choose and implement the best technologies for your business?
- Do you have a small IT support company looking after you but you feel like they come spend hours on site with no tangible benefit?
- Do you call your IT company for help only to find that the problem they “fixed” recurs after they leave?
If your answer to one or more of the above questions is, “yes”, then we can definitely help you. Our parent company, Stratiform, is unmatched throughout western Canada for their expertise with cloud technologies. (Technologies like Azure and Office 365 are examples and are explained near the bottom of this page.) But our Stratus solution is specifically geared toward helping smaller organizations lower their costs while making their IT environment more robust and effective at the same time.
“Partnering with Stratiform for our IT managed services has been a great decision for my organization we have benefited greatly! The pathway for submitting trouble tickets is clear and the response time is fantastic, and usually includes a personal message to the person who submitted the ticket from the Stratus helpdesk team. The technical knowledge base to tackle even the most obscure and intermittent problems has been obvious in talking with the helpdesk team and how quickly the problems are identified and solutions provided. Stratus staff have not only displayed great technical knowledge but also the ability to personally connect with many of our staff to quickly become a welcomed site in the office, for training and other meetings that bring them into our building.” – Dan Delamont, Southview Alliance
Can you really get rid of IT? Yes, for the most part. We can help you by eliminating all of the aspects of IT that cause many companies frustration. By helping you to move away from traditional on-premise IT infrastructure and take advantage of the cloud *, your company or organization will gain several benefits. These include:
- Better remote access to your applications and files
- Stronger security and processes
- Seamless access from any device – phones, tablets, laptops, etc
- A better user experience
- More robust server systems with far fewer failures
- No more need for local backups
What really sets us apart though is the support we provide that accompanies the above services. Our team is available to support your people on a 24/7 basis. We provide email, telephone and ticketing options for contacting us so that we can always be reached and you can always get the help you require. Some of the features of this support are:
- A 24×7 manned helpdesk
- A dedicated ticketing system so that all issues – past and present – can be tracked
- Intermediate and senior support personnel
- Remote and on-premise support, as required
- Full monitoring of your servers so that we can mitigate outages before they occur
- Regular testing of your backups so that you can be confident they’re working
How do you get started? You simply fill in the contact form below and we’ll get right back to you to arrange a meeting. We start with a phone discussion and once we have ironed out a few key details, we can then come visit you on-site to gather more information. This can nearly always be done remotely if preferred, or if discretion is required. Once we have completed our information gathering, we present you with two documents – a support agreement that explains your monthly cost for all support services and a document that outlines our recommended path forward so that we can transition relevant applications, data and / or services to the cloud. We do this in a deliberate but measured way so that not too many changes are made all at once.
So, all you need to do is fill in the contact form at the bottom of this page and we will be in touch. None of the meetings or information gathering costs your anything. So, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re here to help.
What is “the cloud”? When we say “cloud”, we are referring to an approach where applications and services that are traditionally run on-premise (in your office) are instead hosted by a reliable provider like Microsoft. We help and support several customers who use non-Microsoft cloud solutions. However, we have found that in most cases, a combination of two of Microsoft’s cloud offerings – Office 365 and Azure – is the most cost-effective solution for small and mid-size businesses. We are a Microsoft Cloud Solutions Provider (CSP) and can therefore provide these two solutions to our customers as part of a holistic solution, coupled with our support services. For more information on either Office 365 or Azure, please click on the relevant link below. (Or visit our “Eliminate IT” page for a more in-depth of the various Microsoft cloud solutions that are most relevant to small and mid-size organizations.) Or, if you would like to actually try out Office 365 or Azure for yourself, simply go to our Experience It page to book a CIE (Customer Immersion Experience).
Learn more about Office 365
Office 365 has the potential to transform your business productivity. It unlocks new ways of working, enables mobility and collaboration, allows you to save and store your files securely in the cloud and creates endless possibilities for optimizing your business and IT environment. But getting to Office 365 can be challenging, and realizing all of the benefits while minimizing the impact to your business takes careful planning and execution.
Stratiform has executed Office 365 projects for many customers and we have the expertise you need to ensure it’s done right, from planning and conception, to deployment and operation. In many cases, the first service to move to the cloud is email. Stratiform has migrated thousands of mailboxes to Exchange Online, and we have the tools, expertise and best practices to ensure this migration is a painless as possible. Whether you are a small business migrating from a consumer-based email system, or a large enterprise with a complex on-premises Exchange environment, we will provide the right migration solution for you. We’ve seen it all, and know exactly where the trouble spots are with this critical business service. Our careful planning and design approach will ensure all aspects are taken into consideration, giving you the assurance that business will continue uninterrupted throughout this phase.
Learn more about Azure
Microsoft Azure is a flexible cloud platform that enables you to quickly build, deploy and manage applications across a global network of Microsoft-managed datacenters. With Azure, you can be up and running fast, scale up or down as needed, and avoid high capital costs—paying only for what you use. We understand that the public cloud is not an all-or-nothing proposition.
There will be services and applications that you will want to keep within your own datacenter, and others that you will want to migrate to the cloud. Stratiform is a leading Microsoft Azure solutions provider, and we have helped many organizations determine the workloads that make sense for them to move to the cloud. Our Azure professional services can help you build a strong foundation to build a virtual datacenter in the cloud and leverage all the power and cost-efficiencies of the cloud to the maximum business advantage. We are one of the most experienced Azure practices in Western Canada and have performed Azure planning, migration, deployment, and optimization projects for some of the largest and most complex Azure customers in the West. Microsoft Azure is an ever-growing collection of cloud services that offers a whole range of platforms and services to choose from. Some highlights include:
- Virtual Machines – provision Windows and Linux Virtual Machines (VM) in minutes
- RemoteApp – deploy Windows client apps in the cloud, and run them on any device
- Web Apps – quickly create and deploy web apps that scale automatically
- Mobile Apps – build and host the back-end for any mobile app
- SQL Database – run a Microsoft SQL database as a service, with no server infrastructure required
- Storage – access highly available and massively scalable cloud storage
- StorSimple – provision hybrid cloud storage to reduce cost and improve your data security
- Machine Learning – access powerful cloud-based predictive analytics
- Event Hubs – ingest, persist and process millions of events per second
- SQL Data Warehouse – elastic data warehouse as-a-service
- Media Services – encode, store, and stream video and audio at scale
- Backup – simple and reliable server backup to the cloud
- Site Recovery – orchestrate protection and recovery of on-premises services
- Azure Active Directory – synchronize on-premises directories to enable single sign-on and federation
- Multi-factor authentication – safeguard access to your data and apps with an extra layer of authentication(These highlights are only a selection of the more than 70 integrated services available in Azure.)
If you have any questions or require additional information, please use this form to let us know how we can help you today.